The Texas A&M University Livestock Judging Team is built around hard-working and intelligent students who represent the Department of Animal Science at judging contests across the nation. Through reparation and competition, the students gain skills that will aid them in livestock evaluation, their future careers, and life. For those interested in the livestock judging program, it is important to enroll in both ANSC 215 as a sophomore and ANSC 315 as a junior. The following spring and fall of your junior and senior year the team will compete in 11 contests in eight different states.
The livestock judging team is a group of passionate and dedicated students who train for success to reach their personal bests. The goal of the team is to represent Texas A&M University by succeeding on a national level, it is also equally important to the team to equip themselves with skills and experiences to benefit their futures.
To keep up-to-date on the current livestock judging team, please join our Facebook group!
- Cattlemen’s Congress
- Dixie National Livestock Show & Rodeo
- Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo
- Griswold Classic
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
- National Western Stock Show
- San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo
- American Royal
- Mid-America Classic
- National Swine Contest
- North American International Livestock Exposition
- State Fair of Texas
- Tulsa State Fair
- World Beef Expo
- Aggiefest Livestock Judging Contest
- Texas 4-H District Livestock Judging Contests
- Texas 4-H Roundup Livestock Judging Contest
- Texas FFA Area Livestock Judging Contests
- Texas FFA State Livestock Judging Contest
Competitive Teams News
The Texas A&M Livestock Judging Team is holding a special fundraising gala…
Back (L to R): Brant Poe-coach, Keaton Dodd-coach, Brantley Bordovsky, Wayne Morse,…
Learn more about Competitive Teams
The competitive teams program at Texas A&M University is rich in tradition, attracting students from across the nation. The program can be traced to the early 1900s with the first Texas A&M University Livestock Judging Team, and has achieved more than 30 national championships.