- Mike Tomaszewski
- Visiting Professor & Professor Emeritus, Dairy Science
- Room 310 Kleberg
- Undergraduate Education
- Asso., Stockbridge of Agriculture at the University of Massachusetts
- B.S., Colorado State University
- Graduate Education
- M.S., University of Massachusetts
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University
- Association of Former Students’ Distinguished Achievement Award in Continuing Education
- Vice Chancellor for Agriculture’s Distinguished Achievement Award for Team Research
- Texas Agricultural Extension Service’s Superior Service Award
- 2003 Vice Chancellor’s Award in Excellence for Special Services for his contributions to the DHIA program
Michael Tomaszewski (Tom-a-ches-ski) is Visiting Professor and Professor and Extension Specialist Emeritus. He is section leader of the dairy science section in the Department of Animal Science.
Tomaszewski received an associates from the Stockbridge of Agriculture at the University of Massachusetts, bachelor’s from Colorado State University, his master’s from the University of Massachusetts and his doctorate from North Carolina State University. He also has served as a Fullbright Specialist.
Tomaszewski coordinates the Southern Great Plains Dairy Consortium – Teaching, which is a cooperative effort among 11 universities to provide courses in large herd management. He also teaches a campus based, as well as web based, introductory dairy management course.
He has been recognized for his leadership in the use of microcomputers for on-farm decision making, and he has been a member of numerous National Dairy Herd Improvement and National Cooperative Dairy Herd Improvement Policy Board task forces and committees.
Professional memberships include the American Dairy Science Association and Sigma Xi.