- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. in Animal Sciences, São Paulo State University, Brazil
- Graduate Education
- M.S. in Animal Sciences, University of Florida
- Ph.D. in Animal Sciences, University of Florida
- • American Society of Animal Sciences, Animal Growth and Development Award, 2021
- • Texas A&M CALS Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Award for International Impact, 2020
- • American Society of Animal Sciences, Animal Management Award, 2020
- • American Society of Animal Sciences, Early Career Achievement Award, 2018
- • American Society of Animal Sciences - Western Section, Extension Award, 2017
- • Oregon State University – F.E. Price/Agricultural Research Foundation Award for Excellence in Research, 2016
- • American Society of Animal Sciences - Western Section, Young Scientist Award, 2016
- • Oregon Beef Council, Distinguished Service Award, 2014
- • Celebrating Success, Oregon State University College of Agricultural Sciences, Rock Star Faculty, 2011
Dr. Reinaldo Fernandes Cooke is a Professor in the Department of Animal Science at Texas A&M University. Dr. Cooke received a B.S. (2003) in Animal Sciences from Sao Paulo State University, and a M.S. (2006) and a Ph.D. (2008) in Animal Sciences from the University of Florida. Prior to Texas A&M, Dr. Cooke served Oregon State University as Assistant and Associate Professor – Beef Cattle Specialist from 2009 – 2017.
Dr. Cooke’s academic program is geared toward addressing the needs of the Texas, US, and worldwide beef industries. Dr. Cooke coordinates the Texas A&M International Beef Cattle Academy (http://ibca.tamu.edu). His research efforts focus on management strategies to improve productive efficiency in beef cattle operations, including nutrition, health, growth, and reproductive responses in Bos indicus and B. taurus cattle. For more info, see his CV.