This year’s camps are designed for 4-H and FFA members interested in building their knowledge of evaluating market and breeding animals, including beef, swine, sheep, and goats. This camp focuses on selection principles, oral reasons, live market evaluation, and breeding animal performance data. Any 4-H and FFA members are welcome to attend. Instructors include Texas A&M faculty and staff, and members of the 2021 livestock judging team, named champion overall team at both Cattlemen’s Congress and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™.
- Camp 1 – June 14-16, 2021
- Camp I Schedule
- Camp I General Letter
- Camp 2 – June 18-20, 2021
- Camp II Schedule
- Camp II General Letter
- Important Forms for Both Camps:
- TAMU Photo Release
- Pick Up Verification Form
- Medical Insurance Waiver
- Medical Disbursement Form
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up Locations
- Code of Conduct
- Camp Accommodations – Hullabaloo Hall
- Time: An official schedule will be posted soon.
- Camp Fee: $300. Camp fee includes lodging, meals, literature and t-shirt.
- Livestock Judging Camp Flier
- Registration opens April 12, 2021. Click here to register online. Registration is due by May 3, 2021. Must be ages 11-18 to attend camp.
For more information, please contact Caleb Boardman at 307.250.2298 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Livestock Judging Clinic *CANCELED FOR 2021*
- This is not a competition.
- The clinic is for students and coaches.
- The clinic will focus on market animal evaluation and will be set up like a typical 4-H/FFA livestock judging contest.
- Students and coaches will be split into groups and will judge for approximately five minutes. A TAMU judging team member will explain the placing of the class. Students and coaches will be allowed approximately five minutes to ask the judging team member questions. Coaches will be given approximately five minutes to discuss the class with their students and then will rotate to the next class.
- It will be a short, four hour, fast paced clinic where no literature and no awards will be passed out.
- Clinic Date:
- Livestock Judging Clinic –
- Clinic Fee: $12 per person
- Livestock Judging Clinic Flier
- Click here to register online.
- For more information, please contact Caleb Boardman at 307.250.2298 or email@example.com.