Youth horse enthusiasts have several opportunities to get involved with 4-H and FFA horse projects. No matter what your interest in horses may be…there is something for everyone! Raising horse projects teaches youngsters responsibility and commitment to a project. The time invested in riding, caring for, and training horses improves the quality of life for children.
Many students compete in youth rodeo events to test the skills of both the horse and rider. There are also horse show competitions for halter and performance horses that are open to youth exhibitors. Other educational contests like horse judging and the horse quiz bowl make an exciting learning experience.
- Youth Horse Project Information
- 2017 Changes to the State 4-H Horse Show
- 2018 Horse Validation Instructions for Families March 1-May 1
- 2018 Horse Validation Instructions for County Offices
- 2018 State Horse Show Rules & Regulations
- 2018 Schedule of Events– Review Carefully
- 2017 State 4-H Horse Show Entries (Worksheet ONLY)
- 2017 State 4-H Horse Show Drill/Precision Entries (Worksheet ONLY)
- 2017 Contestant Letter to Families – State 4-H Horse Show
- Texas State 4-H Horse Show Hotel Information
- State 4-H Horse Show Sponsorship Form
- State Horse Show Results
- Example Videos
- Right from the Start: Safety Awareness for the Next Generation of Livestock Producers Video