BRYAN — The Texas A&M University Stock Horse Team won the collegiate championship title at the Stock Horse of Texas Show held in Bryan on Sept. 27.
Team members are Haley Birkenfeld, Nazareth; Lane Birkenfeld, Nazareth; Michelle Glover, Madisonville; Taylor Godwin, Port Arthur; Helen Hardy, Georgetown; Zach Haydon, Marble Falls; Shelby Hill, Hutto; Derby Jones, College Station; Kyla Kalinowski, Seguin; Morgan Moreno, Georgetown; and Sarah Savage, Marble Falls.
The team is coached by animal science graduate student Raul Valdez. Dr. Clay Cavinder, associate professor, serves as faculty advisor.
Texas A&M secured several high overall honors and numerous class wins to capture the first place win over Tarleton State University.
Individual results are:
- Zach Haydon – reserve champion high point overall; first in cow horse and second in reining
- Sarah Savage – first in pleasure and first in trail
Limited Non-Pro Division
- Taylor Godwin – fourth high point overall; first in pleasure and fourth in reining
- Kyla Kalinowski – second in pleasure
- Haley Birkenfeld – third in please
- Lane Birkenfeld – fourth high point overall; third in trail and fourth in reining
- Michelle Glover – first in trail and fourth in pleasure
- Shelby Hill – fifth in reining
- Helen Hardy – first in pleasure
- Morgan Moreno – fifth in cow horse
The team competes next at the American Stock Horse Association Intercollegiate Stock Horse Show on Oct. 25 in Decatur.
For more information regarding news from the Department of Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A&M University, please contact Courtney Coufal at firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 845-1542.