SOUTH PADRE ISLAND — Dr. Ted McCollum, professor and Extension beef cattle specialist, received the Specialist of the Year in Texas Agriculture Award from the Texas County Agricultural Agents Association at the group’s annual meeting held August 1-4, 2010 in South Padre Island.McCollum is located at the Texas AgriLife Research and Extension Center in Amarillo. He assists the north region with educational programs, directs beef cattle programs for producers, provides assistance to cattle producers and industry groups, and conducts field research. Statewide, McCollum serves as a resource person for beef cattle nutrition and stocker cattle programs. His interests include production management of all phases of commercial cattle and beef production from rangeland and forage-based production systems to cattle feeding systems.#
- Texas Sheep and Goat Expo sets performance-oriented sheep, goat sale
- Experts: Use safe practices when processing, cooking feral hogs
- Training advocates for agriculture
- What are big carcasses doing to the future of the beef industry?
- Jordan honored with Texas A&M AgriLife Vice Chancellor’s Award of Excellence