Beef Cattle Browsing is an electronic newsletter published by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, Department of Animal Science at Texas A&M University. This newsletter is a free service and is available to anyone interested in beef cattle. Media, feel free to use this information as needed and cite Texas A&M University Beef Cattle Browsing Newsletter, Dr. Steve Hammack.
Current Edition: October 2015
Features the following topics:
- The VFD (Veterinary Feed Directive
- Effect of Longevity on Cow Herds
- Glycerin, Another Coproduct for Finishing Cattle
- Effect of Method and Timing of Castration on Stocker Calves
- Sell Cull Cows at Weaning or Later?
- Do Growth Implants for Calves Still Work with Today’s Genetics?
- Effect of Weaning Period on Calf Performance
- 2015 USDA Dietary Guidelines and Sustainability