Ashworth joins department as academic advisor

Lacy 2_webLacy Ashworth has joined the department as an academic advisor I. A product of our department, Ashworth is excited to be back. We are happy to welcome her and look forward to the impact she will have on our students.

Where did you grow up? Did that have any effect on what you studied or your career choice?

I grew up in Crosby, Texas. Growing up in Crosby, I was heavily involved with my family raising cattle and horses. I would spend 90% of my days outside with any kind of 4-H/FFA project I could get involved with. That was when my passion for the agriculture industry really took off.  In 2012, I graduated with a bachelor’s in animal science from Texas A&M University. A couple of years later in 2014, I received a Master of Science in Agriculture from Sam Houston State University.

What led you to become an advisor in the department?

I was very interested in working for an institution that has such an outstanding reputation of contributing to the agriculture industry and student development. After completing my master’s, I wanted to help other students strive to achieve academic success, reduce their anxiety in taking big steps towards a career, and help students lay a path for their future endeavors.

What are you most looking forward to in your new position?

I look forward mostly to helping students find their way and helping them succeed throughout their college journey. I want future and current students to know that there is someone who cares about their goals and achievements, assures them that they are not alone in this expedition, and make the students feel like they matter. I want to have a positive effect on each student within the college in academic and professional situations. I am also thrilled to spend my days at Texas A&M, right where it all began for me!

-30-

For more information regarding news from the Department of Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A&M University, please contact Maggie Tucker at maggie.tucker@tamu.edu or (979) 845-1542.